Welcome to the SWE Library!
SWE is happy to introduce the SWE Library! SWE invites you to check-out books, read, and return at your leisure! The SWE Library is located in the SWE office (Engineering Centers Building 1005 Engineering Drive, Room 1085). SWE officers are often times around the office or ECB—they can open the SWE office for you to peruse the library or check out a book! If you cannot find an officer, please contact Chloe Tinius at email@example.com and she will help you get a book. SWE hope you enjoy using the SWE Library!
How to use the SWE Library
- On the inside cover of the book you wish to check out is a pocket with a library card.
- Please put your name on the card and the date you are going to return it.
- Leave the card in the box that hangs on the wall. Leave in the “SWE Books Checked Out” box.
- When you return the book, please place the library card back in the pocket of the book and put the book on the shelf. You may also slide the book in mailbox in the door.
Please be considerate of others and return the books in good condition in a reasonable amount of time. All books must be returned BEFORE summer break.
Please fill out the “SWE Library Review” form after reading a book.
With any questions, issues, or suggestions, please contact Chloe Tinius, firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Books in the SWE Library
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2013: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers, Richard N. Bolles
- The 7 Habits for Managers: Managing Yourself, Leading Others, Unleashing Potential, Stephen R. Covey
- Lean Six Sigma for Service : How to Use Lean Speed and Six Sigma Quality to Improve Services and Transactions, Michael George
- Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers (A NICE GIRLS Book), Lois P. Frankel
- Secrets of Six-Figure Women: Surprising Strategies to Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life, Barbara Stanny
- Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson
- SOARING ABOVE SETBACKS PB (Smithsonian History of Aviation and Spaceflight), BRAGG J
- V Is for Vulnerable: Life Outside the Comfort Zone, Seth Godin, Hugh MacLeod
- Play Like a Man, Win Like a Woman: What Men Know About Success that Women Need to Learn, Gail Evans
- Debt-Free U: How I Paid for an Outstanding College Education Without Loans, Scholarships, or Mooching off My Parents, Zac Bissonnette, Andrew Tobias
- Ask For It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want, Linda Babcock, Sara Laschever
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life, Spencer Johnson, Kenneth Blanchard
- Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You, Mark Woods, Trapper Woods
- The Last Lecture, Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow
- I Shouldn't Be Telling You This: Success Secrets Every Gutsy Girl Should Know, Kate White
- Why Good Girls Don't Get Ahead... But Gutsy Girls Do: Nine Secrets Every Career Woman Must Know, Kate White
- How Remarkable Women Lead: The Breakthrough Model for Work and Life, Joanna Barsh, et al
- Women in Science: Then and Now, Vivian Gornick
- Women in Engineering: Pioneers and Trailblazers, Margaret E. Layne
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen R. Covey
- Becoming Leaders: A Practical Handbook for Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology, F. Mary Williams, Ph.D. and Carolyn J. Emerson
- Beyond the Boys' Club: Achieving Career Success as a Woman Working in a Male Dominated Field, Suzanne Doyle-Morris
- Primal Leadership: Learning to Lead with Emotional Intelligence, Daniel Goleman, et al
- Winning in a Man's World: Advice for Women Who Want to Succeed and the Men Who Work With Them, Renee Weisman
- On Becoming a Leader, Warren Bennis
- The Madame Curie Complex: The Hidden History of Women in Science (Women Writing Science), Julie Des Jardins
- Learning to Lead: A Workbook on Becoming a Leader, Warren Bennis, Joan Goldsmith
- Wooden on Leadership: How to Create a Winning Organization, John Wooden, Steve Jamison
- Geek Girls Unite, Leslie Simon
- Oh the Places You’ll Go!, Dr. Seuss
- Oh, the Thinks you Can Think!, Dr. Seuss
- Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, Sheryl Sandberg
Review a Book You Read
After you have read a book in the SWE Library, please click here to review it!
Make a Book Suggestion
Click here to make a suggestion for the SWE Library!
Or suggestions in the box in the office.
Coming Soon! Read what fellow SWEsters said about books in the SWE Library.
Times When People Are At the SWE Office
Coming Soon! This will list the times when a SWE officer will be at the office so you are able to check –out a book.