Formula SAE Autonomous Team
They are a brand new automotive team that is building a third-scale Formula 1 race car with an electric powertrain and autonomous capabilities. They are looking for students from all years and majors including non-engineering, and are especially interested in adding women to the team. They hold all-team meetings every Monday at 5PM in ECB 1025. Check out their flyer or visit their website to learn more.
Wisc Space Race
At WI Space Race, they are training the next generation of space engineers AND entrepreneurs, and extending the new-space ecosystem to the brilliant, passionate, and innovative STEM startup ecosystem of Madison, WI. They are looking for more female engineers to join their team. Click here to learn more.
University Health Services Workshops
Information on first year progression requirements, COE Rules and Regulations, FAQs, academic advisers, and more.
- Handshake – An online portal that allows you to search for and apply to jobs, as well as search for employers that will be attending career fairs each semester.
- ECS Workshops
- Other helpful information regarding job searches and interviewing, resume writing, and career decisions
The ULC provides several great resources to COE students specifically.
- PrEPS courses: Practicing Engineering Problem Solving
- These courses are offered to provide academic support for students taking EMA 201, EMA 202, ME 240, Physics 201, or Physics 202. Students meet twice a week with an undergraduate student instructor to work through problems similar to those that they will encounter in class. This course does not count for credit; however, attendance is mandatory.
- Drop in Tutoring
- Tutoring by Request
- One-on-one tutoring that all women in the COE are eligible to utilize!
- PrEPS Study Tables
- Similar to PrEPS courses, but more informal.
A great option for getting help with coursework – this is a campus wide tutoring service, not specific to the COE.
A great resource if you are looking for an on-campus job or nearby off-campus job.
LEED Green Associate (GA) Training
When: September 29th 2019 – 1:00PM to 4:30 PM
Where: UW Madison – the School of Human Ecology – Room 1199 Registration: http://leadinggreen.com/uwmadison
If you are worried about your busy schedule or distance from the course location, fear not, as the workshop is entirely recorded and you can watch the entire recorded course online or live stream one of our webinar options here – https://leadinggreen.com/online-leed-green-associate
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is simply a sustainability scorecard for green buildings. Buildings can become LEED Certified as can people! Boost your resume up with the LEED Green Associate, the only professional designation to show employers and clients you have certified knowledge in the field.
To date, this course and its materials have proven to be instrumental in helping over 9000 students pass their respective exam at a 99% pass rate. This course is offered at a quarter of the price and time as the competition and allows students to graduate with letters after their name!
This course is instructed by a USGBC Faculty member and is the most effective way to pass. The USGBC charges a $100 (reduced for students) fee for the actual exam which can be taken at any time at your nearest Prometric center. Save money by reserving your spot today and make a positive difference in your career.
To register for the class please visit: http://leadinggreen.com/uwmadison
Please contact the instructor Lorne directly with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org