Spring 2019 Events
- KICKOFF ICE CREAM SOCIAL
- Welcome back, SWEsters! Come join the New Member Committee for a kickoff ice cream social and meeting. We will meet in Union South outside of the badger market, grab ice cream at the Daily Scoop, and then walk over to 1410 Engineering Drive room 175. We will be talking about upcoming events, leadership opportunities within NMC, and then what you want to see out of NMC!
- WHEN: Thu, February 7, 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- WHERE: Union South, 1308 W Dayton St, Madison
- CUPCAKE DECORATING SOCIAL
- Come join the New Member Committee for a delicious cupcake decorating social! We will talk about upcoming NMC and SWE events and then get decorating! There will be snacks, music, and cupcakes (of course).
- WHEN: Thu, March 14, 6pm – 8pm
- WHERE: 1410 Engineering Dr Room 175
MEET THE 2019 New Member Committee CHAIR!
Hello! My name is Zoe Zanella and I am the New Member Committee Officer. I am a freshman studying Biomedical Engineering with hopes of attending medical school. You can most likely find me attending SWE events and studying, but I also love shopping on State Street with my roommates. I am so excited for this semester as a new officer!
LOOKING BACK AT LAST YEARS NEW MEMBER COMMITTEE EVENTS
Thank you to Eleanor Nuckolls for making the 2018 New Member Committee a success. Some of the Fall 2018 events included a kick-off meeting where new members met together at the Allen Centennial garden and learned about how to get organized and involved in SWE! They learned about the Google Calendar, upcoming events, our social media and more. Committee members also got to know one another by attending the Madison Farmer’s Market together and holding a movie night!
During the spring, new members from the Org Fair were welcomed with open arms to the UW Madison SWE family. A dinner and info session were held for them as a way to get them into the flow of SWE and to make some friends with their fellow members. We then had other events focused on class work, Engineering Expo, and participation in SWE. Overall we had a wonderful end to the year and the now, experienced SWE members are getting more involved as general members.